Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Work Horses

I am slightly bias on this topic but my favorite college lacrosse team is the Syracuse Orangemen. I could be bias because my coach once played for them and they were one of the first teams I had ever watched live. Also the first time I watched the was one of the greatest championship games in the past decade.

In 2009 I traveled down to Boston, MA, to the Gillette Stadium to watch the college lacrosse Final Four. The Final Four is similar to any other sport, the final two teams of both division one and two play for the champion title within their division. The game I need to tell you about is the Syracuse vs Cornell d1 Championship game. The first three quarters were consistent back and forth play, until cornell got ahead three goals in the 4th quarter. With 5 and a half minutes left the consensus was that Cornell would be able to hold the ball and take the title. I think the rest of the game is best described by the actual footage. This clip plays out the clips better than I can retell the gameplay.




Again the Loyola Maryland vs Johns Hopkins game is being played out right now, Saturday 1:00 pm. The game has been talked up for the last week as both coaches are brothers. The game can be streamed from the Loyola website


No comments:

Post a Comment