Thursday, February 23, 2012

Winter Storm Warning


Like most adults who are technologically inept, so is my father. I rarely get texts and when I do it’s almost 100% of the time in response to something I sent him earlier. So when I woke up this morning to a text at 8:25am from “Dad” I figured something was wrong. In fact it was the opposite of wrong, the text read: “get your ass out of bed Friday and Saturday morning and go skiing. Lots of snow up here at home.” So just like a giddy child during the holidays I sprung out of bed and looked to see all the snow on the ground here in Burlington. I disappointingly saw more kids with backpacks on, then snowflakes on the ground. Un-phased I rolled over and slept until I was late for class.
Now, all day I heard from my friends on the slopes that there really was “lots on snow”.  So I looked around on a few mountain homepages and weather reports/forecast websites. And its looking like the east coast mountains are getting some of the most snowfall right now since the past month. The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a winter storm warning in effect from 4am tomorrow morning (Friday, February 24) until 7am the following day for 6 to 10 inches!
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, strap on your skis, your board or grab a sled because I believe the mountains are going to be a winter wonderland this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. When I was watching the news on Friday morning and heard about the possible snow storm I didn't believe it, either. We haven't gotten snow all winter and now it's the end of February, so this forecast didn't faze me and I was really surprised when it did snow. However, not being a skiier I have mixed feelings about the snow-a month or two ago I would've been so happy, but lately I've been ready for spring. It does look really beautiful though, and I'm happy for those that ski who can finally enjoy some snow!

    ReplyDelete