Monday, February 20, 2012

The Thunder Are Booming!

For many years now, I've tried to come up with an appropriate comparison to Kevin Durant, for a comparable player with a 7-footer's length and the skill on an elite shooting guard. And for years, I've failed in doing so. There is no one captures what Durant brings to the floor every game. After seeing what Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Serge Ibaka and the Thunder did in their overtime victory over the Denver Nuggets Sunday night, I'm giving up that fight. Durant is in a category of his own.

Whats happening in Oklahoma City is a pretty incredible sight. Of the three players I mentioned above, none of them are above the age of 23. On Sunday night against the Nuggets, Durant scored a career-high 51 points, Russell Westbrook scored 40, and Serge Ibaka recorded a triple-double with 14 points, 15 rebounds, and 11 blocks. These are some pretty amazing statistics and paint an obvious picture for why the Oklahoma City Thunder are one of the best teams in the league. Oh, and did I mention they have players like Kendrick Perkins, James Harden, and Nick Collison? Yeah, this team is young, dangerous, and going to be successful for quite some time.

1 comment:

  1. While I never want to root for teams outside my home of the Bay Area, teams like the Thunder always tempt me. In addition the the truly phenomenal ball they've been playing, it's satisfying to see greatness somewhat unaccompanied by egos of Kanye West-like proportions, relative to the rest of the league that is.

    ReplyDelete