Thursday, March 29, 2012

Weather Changes the Game

Rock Skiing
        As we all know, winter is coming to an end. With a week of 70 degree weather it seemed that the end was going to be more abrupt than it is, but just like every other year Vermont's weather finds a way to tease us. After a week of lawn games, beach trips, skipping class and summer clothes we are now forced to wait-out the cloudy, rainy and cold spring. Needless to say mountain resorts are closing and the skiing is limited to only a few remaining groomed trails. Not the ideal conditions for those who've spent there life skiing the same choice mountains. In which case my posts will begin to change over to summer sports.
        I have recently purchased a longboard so for anyone out there with similar interests, I will continue to blog about different routes and roads that are ideal for cruising. Also the weather continues to stay rather cold and rainy so long-boarding conditions are as well, not ideal. However, I urge you to stay tuned because I will be posting a video blog this weekend about one of my favorite routes to take here on UVM's campus.

1 comment:

  1. I am so disappointed about this major change in weather from summer-like to somewhere between winter and spring; I am just not a fan of the 50 degree drop in temperature. Although I should not be surprised at all, as Vermont always finds a way to tease us, as you said. Good luck with your long-boarding endeavors!

    ReplyDelete