Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tiger Finally Wins One

Tiger Woods finished 1st on Sunday at the Arnold Palmer invitational, marking his first tournament win since his private life became all too public in 2009 as he was exposed as an adulterer.  Ever since, Tiger has not been himself on the golf course, displaying steady mediocrity for over two years.  There have been minor injury rumors here and there, but there is not a more athletic, in-shape golfer in the world.  Recently he has been showing slow but steady improvement, being 'in the hunt' on Sunday's at a few tournaments but ultimately falling short.  He broke his win-less streak this past Sunday, but Tiger is measured by major tournament wins, as he hope to close the gap between him and Jack Nicklaus as the all time leader in major tournament wins; Nicklaus' record is 18 and Tiger has won 14.  Tiger's recent win comes just at the right time however, as the Masters at Augusta National approaches; a course that he has owned throughout his career and won four times.  Although the young talent Rory Mcilroy has been playing great golf and is currently ranked #1 in the world, considering Tiger's steady improvement and his history of dominance at Augusta, I wouldn't bet against him.  One this is for sure, golf is more exciting when Tiger is in the hunt on Sunday.


2 comments:

  1. This was the first golf match I've watched in a while and I have to say it didn't disappoint. Tiger's personal problems are just that, personal. It's nice to see him in sports headlines again for actual sports things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited for this. With Tiger back on his game it only means good things for the game of golf. I love this sport I play it as much as I can and I find myself watching more and more tournaments on TV these days. Tiger being good again makes me want to watch it even more. Go sportsmanship!

      Delete