Monday, May 7, 2012

Thundergun Out!

And so it ends here. It has been a wild and crazy time for me as I wrote for the Semi-Pro sports blog and I know that deep down I am going to miss it. It was my first real blog, and the first place where I didn’t know who exactly was reading my work and that feeling was kind of exhilarating. As of right now, meaning I Just checked it to confirm, we have over 1,500 blog views and I’m not sure how the other blogs did but I am quite content with that number. Our first post was on January 24th and I would guess, based on the activity from the other guys that this here would be our last post. Just over 1500 views in 3 ½ months is not bad. It breaks down to about 15 views a day and when we started I never would have guessed that we would have amassed so many by the end of the semester. And so what if most of our views were Russian robots trying to push advertisements, I’ll take any views we can get.

I remember my first post like it was yesterday. First Post
The Super Bowl hadn’t even happened yet and I thought the build up to the game would make for the perfect inaugural entry on to the blog. It was a tiny little guy, short and to the point. I wasn’t really sure how to do anything so I put my pictures in the middle, they were both different sizes, and it just looked awful. My writing style was vapid and lacked the research that I have come to jam pack my blogs with these days. I hadn’t yet grown into my identity of Thundergun, but you have to start somewhere, and this is where my story began.

Along the way I have written some things I am truly proud to call my own. My personal favorites are actually both lists.  
I love writing lists of the sport variety for some unknown reason. Tell me to make a grocery list and you’ll probably end up getting milk, cereal and four boxes of Cheez Its. Ask me to list the five best inside linebackers in the NFL however, and you’ll get 2,000 words of highly researched analysis. It’s weird, when you are passionate about something, like the way I am about sports; the words just seem to come easier. Add to this the amount of blog fodder that I am able supply in between facts and you got yourself the self-sensationalized writer before you.

And so with that I bid you adieu, but fear not however, because Thundergun will rise again!

No comments:

Post a Comment